Book interior layout and design is the meat – the core of your book design. When you open a novel, or any book for that matter, what you are looking at is the interior layout and design of a book. (Read between the lines!)
After providing a clean (edited and final) manuscript, a typical book layout project goes like this:
- Creation of title page
- Creation of copyright page
- Creation of dedication page
- Creation of table of contents (if needed)
- Creation of appendices (if needed)
- Layout of text into pages with running heads and folios (book title/author name atop pages, and page numbers along the bottom)
- Callouts, charts, photos (if needed)
- PDF for final proofing
- A round of corrections (checking for typos, and other errors)
- Final PDF (after approved by author) uploaded to printer
Request a quote for book interior layout and design services by filling out this form.
Usually, you will have a book cover designer working on the front cover, back cover, and spine of your book during this process, but it can be done before or after. Once your book cover designer has uploaded the cover work, and your book is published, what is next? MARKETING!
Being a self-published author means no one will sell your book but YOU! YellowStudios offers marketing packages to help authors promote and sell their books. Contact YellowStudios here for more information.
Portfolio of the latest Book Design Projects:
Who doesn’t love Pinterest? I keep my Book Design Portfolio board current on Pinterest. Click the button below!